Work With Us
The Hand Recovery Centre is a family-owned and operated hand therapy practice on the southside of Brisbane. Our practice has a key focus on delivering high quality hand therapy and we work closely with surgeons and GP’s on a daily basis. We are passionate about delivering the best service we can for our patients, and we are equally passionate about supporting our staff to develop and grow a career they love. Our consulting rooms are spacious and are well equipped with all the necessary equipment to assist in the delivery of care.
About the job
Our practice is experiencing growth and we have a unique opportunity for an occupational therapist with experience in hand therapy. Accredited Hand Therapists and Associate members of the AHTA will be desirable. The role involves working closely with hand surgeons and GP’s and you will be working within a friendly an supportive multi-disciplinary team. Clinical support and supervision will be available as required. The practice manager provides non-clinical support as required. The clinics are close to public transport and parking is available.
Role Requirements for Candidates
• AHTA Accreditation (advantageous)
• Current AHPRA Registration
• Degree in Occupational Therapy
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in treating/covering acute, chronic, and post-op caseloads in hand therapy.
• An empathetic approach to patients
• Work closely within a friendly clinical and non-clinical multidisciplinary team
• Skilled communication
• Excellent clinical reasoning specific to hand therapy
• Ability to manufacture static and dynamic splints and casts and complete wound care
We offer a positive workplace culture and a friendly supportive work environment.
Salary: Salary is generous and based on experience. Candidates can expect between $45-$60 p/hour depending on experience (+ professional development allowance and work flexibility).